Bouwrecht • Aansprakelijkheidsrecht • Adviseursrecht • Vastgoedrecht (UAV, UAV-gc, DNR)
Bard van Veen (1975) graduated at the University of Leiden in 1999. After graduation, he was sworn in as a lawyer in 2000. He first worked at Houthoff Buruma. In 2007, he made the move to Severijn Hulshof attorneys, where he has been a partner since January 1st, 2012.
Bard has almost 20 years of experience in building law, and has been involved in several (major) national and international construction projects. He performs for all parties involved in construction, such as clients, contractors, installers, suppliers, architects and constructors. Based on his experience, Bard regularly publishes in periodicals such as the authoritative magazine “Bouwrecht”. Bard also provides courses for lawyers, company lawyers, management, project leaders, job-seekers, executives, etc. in terms of standard terms and conditions in construction, contract awareness and delay and disturbance.
Bard van Veen has extensive experience in dealing with business in and out of court. Important matters are to advise and represent:
- The contractor combination that drilled the Amsterdam subway pipes over the contractual risk matrix / risk allocation
- The contractor combination that has resulted in the construction of a hospital in Sittard-Geleen, in a dispute with the client about timely delivery, defects and settlement of the work
- The contractor combination which a nanotechnology laboratory in Delft has realized, in a procedure with the client about timely delivery, defects and settlement of work
- The main contractor who carried out the renovation of a significant office complex next to the Central Station in Rotterdam, in an arbitration procedure with a subcontractor about the building’s frames
- A contractor member who has realized the new construction of a Bernhoven hospital in a procedure with the client about timely delivery, defects and settlement of the work
- The contractor combination which the new building of a hospital in Den Bosch has realized, in an arbitration procedure with the client over the floor in the reception hall
- The contractor combination that has resulted in the construction of a Delft hospital in a dispute with the client about the floor finishing on the different floors
- The contractor combination that a sewage treatment plant has realized, in a procedure with its subcontractor who left the work prematurely.
- A German supplier / manufacturer of, among others, insulating glass for an office complex in Warsaw, in an arbitration procedure with the client about defects in glass.
- A subcontractor regarding the construction of a bridge in Den Bosch in an arbitration procedure with his principal against the principal.
- The contractor combination that has undergone an underground parking garage in Roosendaal, in a procedure with the client about defects.
- The contractor combination that has established a new railway station in Breda, in a non-binding advisory procedure against its client regarding timely delivery, contractual layout, defects and settlement of work.
- The contractor combination that has achieved a combined OV parking in Utrecht, in a binding advisory procedure with its client about the soil condition.
- The winning bidder on the contract conditions for the renovation and new construction of a provincial road in Zeeland.
- A contractor for a UAV-GC contract under the Space for the River in Zwolle.
- Bargaining consultant appointed by contracting parties in a UAV-GC dispute over a Space for the River Project in Nijmegen.
- Binding adviser on multiple disputes between insurer and insured in matters of property law.
- Construction law
- Advisory Law
- Property Law (UAV, UAV-GC, DNR)
- Delay damage
- More and less work claims
- “Vereniging voor Bouwrecht”
- “Vereniging voor Bouwrecht-advocaten”
- Permanent editor for the Institute for Building Law of pronouncements in Building Rights Acts
- Publications / annotations in various legal journals in the area of construction and procurement law, such as the “Tijdschrift voor Bouwrecht”, and Cobouw
- Former editor of the magazine “Juridisch Up to Date”
- Teacher of courses on various building-related issues (such as the UAV, UAV-gc, and DNR)
- Former secretary of the “Commissie van Geschillen van het KIvI”
- English (Fluent)
- German (Fluent)
- French (Fluent)