Construction Law • Professional Liability • Insurance law • Real Estate & Project Development
Erik Gierman, (1974), graduated in 2001 from the University of Groningen. As of September 1st, 2011, he has been partner to our office.
From the very start of his career, Erik has specialized in building and property law and the insurance law that affects these areas. Due to his extensive trial experience in court and arbitrators, Erik is very well able to assist his clients in advance, and during construction, to help prevent disputes. Due to his extensive knowledge and specialism of the entire scope in construction, design and advisory chain, many insurance companies are also calling on him to assist insurers in settling claims and procedures.
Together with the other members of the Severijn Hulshof team, Erik is committed to making his best efforts to reach the best solution. Each customer requests, and receives, a customized solution that solves legally complex business in clear language with an eye for the financial interests of the customer.
Because prevention is better than cure, Erik regularly gives in-house courses to his clients in which solutions are offered, which are also easy to apply in practice. With the same practical focus, he also teaches the IBR, the AVDR, NVM SOM and VastgoedCert.
- Construction law
- Professional liability
- Insurance law
- Real Estate & Project Development Areas of Interest
Areas of Interest
- UAV, UAV-GC, DNR, RAW
- Delay damage
- Additional, or less work
- CAR policy, AVB and BAP insurance
- (Professional) liability of constructors, architects, real estate agents, appraisers, financial intermediaries and many others
- regret and damage
- “Vereniging voor Bouwrecht”
- “Vereniging voor Bouwrecht advocaten”
- “Vereniging Jonge Onroerend goed Juristen”
- “Dutch Arbitration Association”
- “Vereniging voor Aansprakelijkheids- en Schadevergoedingsrecht”